The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is 5.7 close to final? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is 5.7 final slated to be a Christmas present, or a new year's resolution? :)

I try to download a new version every 2 to 3 days, but even that's getting to be a hassle.

Payam

You don't use the update feature?

No. It either crashes on me, or fails to delete the previous version even though I tell it NOT to archive the old version. So, I have to go to Apps and delete the old version anyway.

I reported the major problem I'm having with autoupdate here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6139

A while back I deleted my prefs and that fixed the issue.

Hmmm.... I'll give it a try. Reluctant to reprogram my prefs, however. :(

Good morning,
Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous View Post
No. It either crashes on me, or fails to delete the previous version even though I tell it NOT to archive the old version. So, I have to go to Apps and delete the old version anyway.
For what it’s worth, OmniFocus has the same issue: for some people, older versions of the app are kept in the Applications folder even though they didn’t select “archive”. Those kept copies are empty app-folders, though. I had quite a shock when I looked into my Applications folder the other day and found 10 versions of OmniWeb and 29 of OmniFocus in there. :D

It seems to be related with the user doing the update having admin privileges or not.

I reported it to the OF people; let’s see whether the OmniGroup can iron out those auto-update issues in their apps. It seems as if OmniWeb and OmniFocus use the same update technique.

Cheers,
-Sascha