The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Very Impressed with Setup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Omni Crew,

Very impressed with the setup on the iPad for OmniPresence, super easy plus the whole local and cloud spaces are very well defined.

Just wanted to say congrats and job well done!

Right now onto the nitty gritty of testing, lets see how this bad boy handles the daily routine…

sf d-)=

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgraphicdesigner View Post
Hey Omni Crew,

Very impressed with the setup on the iPad for OmniPresence, super easy plus the whole local and cloud spaces are very well defined.

Just wanted to say congrats and job well done!

Right now onto the nitty gritty of testing, lets see how this bad boy handles the daily routine…

sf d-)=
I don't understand why/how it's been so easy for you. I've been wrestling with it for two hours now and cannot get Omni Presence working on my MacBook Air so that it can sync OmniOutlines back and forth between my iPad.

And, as far as I can tell, it merely acts as an area from which to import and export OmniOutlines btw Mac and iPad—not a true sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
I don't understand why/how it's been so easy for you. I've been wrestling with it for two hours now and cannot get Omni Presence working on my MacBook Air so that it can sync OmniOutlines back and forth between my iPad.

And, as far as I can tell, it merely acts as an area from which to import and export OmniOutlines btw Mac and iPad—not a true sync.
I'd email or call, santra. (Perhaps you already have.) We'll hopefully have you up and running as quickly as possible.

Thanks, Derek. I'll be calling soon this morning. I'm on the East Coast, so I wanted to wait until you guys got to work and were up and running.

I was just told by tech support that I am on (yet another) waiting list. Every month there's a new waiting list for OmniOutliner sync. After three years of waiting, it's not the waiting that is driving me insane, it is the inaccurate representations made by Ken and OmniGroup employees that are driving me insane.

I was told a month ago that I was being put on a list, and that I was so far down the list (over 10,000) that it would be a while.

Now there's a new list. I've been put on it, yes, but OG won't tell me how long it is, what # I am, or how long it will be.

From Ken's blog posting yesterday: "I’m very pleased to announce that OmniPresence document syncing will ship on May 22!" This is inaccurate and untrue. That's why I'm pissed. I wouldn't care if OG had said sometime last year, "OK, sorry you guys, but you'll have to wait 20 months for this." That would have been OK.

What's NOT ok is Ken posting: Sync is here! (when it isn't).

This shows both a lack of transparency and no accountability.

I used to love Ken and the way he handled everything. Not anymore.

And I am still waiting, 3 years on now, for sync to come to my 100s of outlines so I can read them on all my devices. I rely on OmniOutline for my business and personal needs, use it 2-3 hours a day, so these delays and the repeated obfuscations are infuriating.

All accounts on Omni Sync Server have now been given OmniPresence access, as of 15 mins ago or so. Sorry for the frustration.

I've seen subsequent email from santra that gives me reason to believe he's no longer upset with us, but there are a few things here that I believe need clarification lest later visitors read this and form the wrong impression. My goal here isn't to scold anyone - just to set a few facts straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
From Ken's blog posting yesterday: "I’m very pleased to announce that OmniPresence document syncing will ship on May 22!" This is inaccurate and untrue.
The blog post in question announces that a document-syncing technology named OmniPresence shipped and was available on May 22nd. This is both accurate and true. At issue was the fact that santra couldn't use that technology to sync with our servers, which is also mentioned in the blog post. There were (and are) a number of alternatives that were available that day.

It may also help to know that the limitation at issue here was put in place to ensure that a flood of new traffic didn't knock the servers offline, as has happened to other vendors recently. Once we saw that the servers were handling the additional traffic well, we made OmniPresence available to all sync server accounts. That happened just slightly more than 24 hours after OmniPresence shipped.

Last edited by Brian; 2013-05-24 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: edit in the blog post stuff.