The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Morning, Afternoon, Evening indicators Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way with OF to create perspectives so I can sort my day's task into Morning, Afternoon, and Evening? It would be very useful to me to be able to do this additional sorting. Unfortunately I can't see a way to do this with OF—but perhaps someone has a better idea?

I realize many may not need an M,A,E designation but it's actually quite easy, and useful, for me to create these designations given my work situation.

(Please, I'm not a religious convert to GTD so I really don't care if my request is GTD-compliant or not. I'm simply looking for a more practical usage of OF.)

Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

I've just done something related to this - with caveats:

I created Contexts:

Home
Home/Today
Home/Today/Morning
Home/Today/Evening
Work
Work/Today
Work/Today/Morning
Work/Today/Evening
I then have a perspectives that focus on home/work and group by context so I can easily see what I've got on that day, and when.

Note that it's up to me to assign tasks to these contexts, the date/time has no bearing on things. If I created a task due at 10AM and assigned it to the evening context, then that's exactly what I'd get.

But most of the items in these contexts are automatic repeats or things I dump in during the day.

Hope that made some sense.

Thanks so much for the idea. I adjusted a wee bit for my own needs. I just used Morning, Afternoon, and Evening. It ends up working great on my Mac version, iPhone version, and best on my iPad version!

Fortunately the contexts weren't really critical to me so moving most/all contexts to one of these 3 conditions is pretty easy to me. Many thanks again!

Thanks, I mostly use the iPad version too.

I do have other contexts but I just make sure the today/... Are at the top.

I've experimented with innumerable suggested ways of structuring things but this one feels comfortable ind intrinsically obvious, to me at least :-)

Thanks again. I've finally made really good use of contexts!