The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects Available vs Remaining Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
ok - call me a newbie - I was going back and forth between these two settings on my iPhone and couldn't for the life of me figure out the difference between these two "views"

Someone shed some light?

ok - I've answered my own question :rolleyes: turns out I don't make abundant use of action groups and this is where the difference lies.
  • Available will only show project that have actions you can act on.
  • Remaining will show projects and all actions regardless of whether you can act on it or not.
If this behaviour goes beyond action groups, let me know - it's the only place I can see the difference!

I wish they would filter out "Pending" from "Available" as they are NOT available.

(yes, ticket submitted).

BZ

chinarut -

This applies to Projects. So, if you have a project that is setup as sequential, and you look at your actions in available mode, you will only see the first action in that project because it is the only one available (until you complete it, then the very next one is available). If your project was setup as a parallel project, then you would see all of the actions in the project.

Omni describes Available like this: "things you can actually do, because they aren't blocked by earlier actions in a sequential project".

And they describe remaining like this: "anything that's not completed".

Hope that helps!