The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

GraphViz HTML support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
thank you very much for adding the GraphViz-support to OmniGraffle. It has opened up many possibilities for using OmniGraffle part of a workflow.

Is there any plans of supporting HTML labels in OmniGraffle? HTML labels allow more versatile output format and by supporting this, OmniGraffle would be an ideal tool for further processing the generated files.

See HTML labels in

http://www.graphviz.org/doc/info/shapes.html

Hi Seppo,

I tend to use Record and MRecord, and the support is pretty good for that. I've noticed improvements from v4 to v5 as well.

Records are not as versatile as the html labels, but swapping between horizontal and vertical with curly braces ({}) seems to hit most of my use cases.

Hope that helps a little

--Keenan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrock View Post
Hi Seppo,
I tend to use Record and MRecord, and the support is pretty good for that. I've noticed improvements from v4 to v5 as well.
I did use 'Record' previously, but after I needed the extra formatting (colored cells) I moved into using tables instead. Unfortunately that dropped OmniGraffle out from post-processing work. I sorely miss using OmniGraffle for this, since even GraphViz's layout engine is pretty good, it would be nice to use OmniGraffle for post-processing.

Tnx for the reply,
Seppo