The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I've had a REALLY irritating change happen to my copy of Omnigraffle 5.2,
namely, the keyboard shortcuts for zooming in and out (alt cmd = and alt cmd -) have stopped working. But not just stopped, however.

They have - mysteriously, without me doing a thing - become RE-MAPPED - to shift alt cmd = and shift alt cmd -.

This means that, from the nice handy controls that they used to be -and that
Omnigraffle says they should be - they have now become awkward three-fingered irritants.

I've tried resetting them in Snow Leopard's keyboard preferences, but to no
avail.

Can anyone help? It's driving me nuts, and my productivity is plummeting. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

As the shortcut for "Zoom +" does not work on a German keyboard.

Therefore, I remapped it in my system preferences. I find "alt cmd +" and "alt cmd -" much better than the default shortcuts. But maybe it's just because the "=" character is positioned very weird for a zoom function on a German keyboard layout.

What I find much more annoying is that OG's zoom shortcuts always double or halve the current zoom factor.

E.g. when I'm at 100%, the zoom in shortcut goes to 200%, and the zoom-out shortcut results in 50%. I would greatly prefer smaller steps like 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 175 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 400 as the default.

Guess I have to file a feature request here ;)