The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Setting Context when importing from OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'd like to create some template with tasks I need to do for the courses I teach and then import them into OmniFocus. I've seen Curt Clifton's scripts for creating templates, but I'm trying to keep my OmniFocus database small since I sync with my iPhone. So it appears what I need to do is keep my templates somewhere else and then import them into OmniFocus.

I can write some scripts to create a tab-separated file with what I want which I can then import into OmniOutliner and then I can copy and paste from OmniOutliner to OmniFocus.

I have something like this in OmniOutliner (where the commas indicate columns in OmniOutliner)

write lab 1,Mac,1/11/2010,1/13/2010

When I copy that into OmniOutliner and tell it to use the second column as the context, I get a new context with the name "Import of 2009-12-19 19:54:59 -0500 : Mac" even though my OmniFocus document has a context named "Mac".

Is there a way to avoid it creating these new contexts when copying from OmniOutliner and have it use the context that already exists? Also, How would I get it to use subcontexts? I have a Print/Copy context that is a subcontext of an Office context.

Thanks,
Dave