The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Site preferences panel - Load plugins Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just the way we can disable images for a site, I would like to see a way to disable plugins for a given site the same way, in the same manner.

Either disable or "click to activate", similar to how click2flash works.

In the years since this image checkbox was first added, Flash ads and video players have become the new scourge of the web.

Last edited by Handycam; 2009-06-22 at 02:29 PM..

+1 here

Interestingly, this might be more likely to occur now that WebKit runs Flash in a separate process in Snow Leopard, don't you think? I assume that developers of WebKit based browsers might be able to control things at the plug-in level much more easily than they can now though I guess it really depends on how Apple have implemented this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Interestingly, this might be more likely to occur now that WebKit runs Flash in a separate process in Snow Leopard, don't you think? I assume that developers of WebKit based browsers might be able to control things at the plug-in level much more easily than they can now though I guess it really depends on how Apple have implemented this...
iCab has been capable of this for very long time without Snow Leopard.