The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Huh? Consistency Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
:confused:Okay, bear with me I am going to make a couple of statements that I believe are true now but may or may not be right. I guess I am looking for verification and corrections here. I have been using Omnifocus for a couple of months, slowly modifying how I use the Desktop app to meet the way I work, especially the information the app gives back to me in reports/view/perspective. I've got this into a form that more or less works for me.
I've had the iPhone version since it's release but have not really depended on since I felt I didn't really understand how the desktop client worked. I am now trying to understand how to use the iPhone version to my advantage.
The problem I immediately confront - is how the iPhone version "reports" the info to me is not the way the desktop version gives it to me. I am not only talking of my own "custom" made perspectives but even the "nomenclature" - In the first screen on the iPhone this is a "list" offered called "Overdue" yet in any of the drop down menus in the desktop version, there is no selection to produce the output selection.
In the desktop, you have the option of "Due or Flagged" and on the iPhone there is no way of creating such a list.
In other options, there is no way, as far as I see of generating similar lists between the two versions except for global lists such as Projects and Contexts, or flagged
As for that, I could sort of make a list if I flag items in the desktop and then ask for the flagged list, but to me this is additional work that has to be done and changed each day.
I try to get ahead of things, by arranging or order/sort what I need to do by when I have to have it done by (Due). This gives me the amount of time, based on energy,resources, and importance I have to devote to these things.
I need to be able to pull up a succinct list on what needs or can be done now and then move to the next action and so on and so on.
I can get this in the desktop but I can't get this in one report/screen in the iphone.
Thoughts, comments Suggestions?
Features that mind solve this? Future report forms to meet this need?
Thanks