The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO4 Documents Misbehaving on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Documents that I make in OO4 Pro (4.0.1) on the desktop do not display correctly in OO on the iPad. The document scrolls itself to the middle of the outline. If I scroll to the top a message "loading more rows" appears and then the document jumps back to the middle. It is impossible to read the document from the top -- it's always jumping around. This happens with anything I make on OO4 on the desktop and send to the iPad.

Which iPad version are you using? I have not heard of this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Which iPad version are you using? I have not heard of this issue.
iPad Air (ME898LL/A), iOS 7.0.4, OmniOutliner 2 (2.0.3) I have uninstalled and reinstalled OO on the iPad several times and that does not resolve the problem.

Just updated OmniOutliner Pro desktop to 4.0.2 made a new file, sent it to OO 2 on iPad. Same problem. The only way I've found to stop this behavior is to collapse the outline, then expand each section one by one.

OO 2 on the iPad is effectively useless to me.

What are the contents of the new file? Are you creating it from a template? Could you send a sample document to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
What are the contents of the new file? Are you creating it from a template? Could you send a sample document to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com please?
Text.

"Stylish with Level Styles"

No.

You see this with a new file off that template with no other changes? That file isn't even long enough to require scrolling on the iPad. I assume you're making it a long file somehow? Here's a file made from that template that is just the contents duplicated numerous times, does it show the same issue for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korm View Post
iPad Air (ME898LL/A), iOS 7.0.4, OmniOutliner 2 (2.0.3) I have uninstalled and reinstalled OO on the iPad several times and that does not resolve the problem.

Just updated OmniOutliner Pro desktop to 4.0.2 made a new file, sent it to OO 2 on iPad. Same problem. The only way I've found to stop this behavior is to collapse the outline, then expand each section one by one.

OO 2 on the iPad is effectively useless to me.
I'm having exactly the same problem. My (45mb) file was created in OO 4 and shared via OmniPresence with newly purchased OO2 on an iPad Air. The file opens someplace in the middle and I can't scroll to the top. I get the "loading more rows" message and the document jumps back to the middle. Repeatedly.