The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Notes in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
In OmniFocus, I often use the "notes" feature to add notes to different actions.

Yet, the little tiny unobtrusive "notes icon" in the right hand column isn't enough of an indication to remind me that notes exist for a particular action. So, my solution is to leave notes expanded (instead of collapsed) for all of my actions. That way, I can always see my notes so I know that they are there.

However, OmniFocus does something weird after syncing with other Macs and iPhones... it frequently COLLAPSES the notes on its own, causing me to have to re-expand my notes all over again. I think what happens is that if you add an action on one Mac with the note EXPANDED, and then you sync OmniFocus, that action shows up on the other Mac with the note COLLAPSED. But then sometimes the first Mac will suddenly have the notes collapsed as well after a sync. I think this is a bug, because I can't always reproduce it, but it happens frequently. I'm not exactly sure when and how it happens, but it happens as a result of syncing.

Basically, to sum up this problem in one sentence: "Previously expanded notes will collapse on their own."

I would either love for this problem to be fixed, or EVEN BETTER: I would love an option to "always expand all notes in all views". That would be amazing! We never have any reason for our notes to be collapsed at all!

Or, another great solution would be if we could set a style preference to change the color/formatting of an action if it had notes attached to it.