The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

embedded wmv files crash OW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
With the exception of the AppleIntermediateCodec.component, I would temporarily move all other QT components out of the folder, restart and see if the issue persists. Then check to see if you have all the latest versions of each component. Personally, unless you are encoding media as divx .avi files, I would not re-install the DivX and xVid components and would instead install Perian.

Edit: when OmniWeb crashes, does the log for the thread that crashed give any clues as to which codec could be the problem, if any?
Many thanks. I'll give it a shot. I'll see if I see any sign of error in the logs. Nevertheless, why does it work fine in the latest Safari Beta? Achh, I'll find the offending codec.

P

I might also be some Input Manager ~/Library/InputManagers/ or /Library/InputManagers/ they load in all applications regardless of the application using it or not.

I've had issues in the past with Input Managers crashing certain apps quite randomly.

my money's on DIVX

Ok. I disabled the divx plugin in build 90262, and I still get the crash. I can't find the log in my log files, but here's what OW's crashcatcher reports.
http://payam.minoofar.com/Crash.rtf

Thanks!

P

You need to uninstall all your AVI related codecs and restart (that is, DIvX and everything Flip4Mac). The crash is related to AVI if the content of the crashed thread is anything to go by and the DivX codecs are still loading if you look at the list of Mach-O files at the end of the log. Once restarted, reinstall Flip4Mac only, using a new download of the plug-in and then try it.

You are also using SIMBL and Smart Crash Reports (an Input Manager hack) and APE. If the crashes persist I would disable both of those aswell. I would disable APE (for OmniWeb certainly) anyway.

Achh. I tried this. Still no go. It still crashes on me. I think the problem is with OW because Safari 3 handles it just fine.

I second this. I can't play certain types of video in OW either while S3 beta does just fine.

philonous, I'm sorry about all this trouble. Would you mind giving a different version of OmniWeb a try? This would be the last one before the last WebKit update. You can find that here.

I did want to mention that we and Safari 3 are on different version of WebKit, so the experience between the two may vary.

WebJIVE, are you experiencing trouble with the same kind of video? Would you mind providing a link? If you'd prefer, you can email us for support at omniweb@omnigroup.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaebot View Post
philonous, I'm sorry about all this trouble. Would you mind giving a different version of OmniWeb a try? This would be the last one before the last WebKit update. You can find that here.
It crashed. I sent in the crashcatcher report. :)

Payam