The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mobile Me Alternatives for Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy all. My 2 month mobile me trial has just expired. The only thing I used it for was syncing omnifocus. It's just not worth the money for my purposes.

So what are some alternatives? I use Media Temple for my web host, but I don't thing the have webdav. Wish they did since they are already getting my money every month.

www.bingodisk.com

In my experience, there are no free WebDAV options out there. BingoDisk is $20 per year and very reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikulla View Post
Howdy all. My 2 month mobile me trial has just expired. The only thing I used it for was syncing omnifocus. It's just not worth the money for my purposes.

So what are some alternatives? I use Media Temple for my web host, but I don't thing the have webdav. Wish they did since they are already getting my money every month.
use bonjour syncing. you just need to be on the same network as your computer. works fast and well. i think it works better than webdav and faster too.

j

If you want to stick with Webdav, I was able to use a service called SwissDisk. It is a commercial online storage service, but they offer a freebee of 50MB. I tried Box.net first, but that wasn't working for some reason. SwissDisk worked without a hitch though.

This is the answer to iPhone syncing for the rest of us. Incredibly easy to install, even if you don't really understand WebDAV (like me).

People, this is it. If you want OF with a seamless sync, use Swissdisk.

I signed up with swissdisk and everything is working great. If I could only push my calendar and address book into the cloud.

Kudos to you guys for this tip. It works like a dream.

The syncing of Omnifocus was the only reason left for re-subscribing to Mobileme. Now I can use this approach as an alternative.

If you have web service hosted somewhere, you may be able to set up WebDAV there. (Dreamhost, for one, offers this -- I'm a happy customer)

You may also want to check out http://www.onlinestoragesolution.com/, which is $20/year but offers unlimited storage. I've never used it, but my brother-in-law swears by it.

There's some additional discussion in this thread which might be relevant to folks looking at this one.

Just posting the link to make sure the maximum number of folks find the info that would be useful to them. :-)

bwc