The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cosmetic bug - search box Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The search box on the toolbar does not fully highlight when activated. The blue border only appear on the bottom and sides of the field.

Which version of OW?
What language?

Have you made any customizations to the BrowserWindow.toolbar file (to say--make the search field wider or narrower)?

US English 5.5 RC1 v606

Quote:
Have you made any customizations to the BrowserWindow.toolbar file
Nope. I didn't even know you could do that.

I am using Jon Hick's icons, which I've used without a problem throughout the SP cycle. This seems to be a problem only with RC1 -- not sure what's different in RC1. A plain-vanilla RC1 does not do this. I'll email Jon. I'll have to live with it, since I love those icons!

Here's what I see:

Last edited by Handycam; 2006-08-31 at 06:51 AM..

Sorry, my fault completely. Part of my theme does customise the BrowserWindow.toolbar file to make it larger, and I discovered that this caused a problem with the new search field. I'm on holiday at the moment though, so I haven't had time to do a blog post about it.

I've posted an update, your best bet is to copy the backup you made of OW (or re-download it) and apply the new version of the theme. It also mucks about a bit with the workspaces window, so let me know if you get any problems with it.

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/file_download/20

Well, THAT doesn't work:

So I'll go back to the old theme for now, and live with the "broken" highlight.

Eeek. OK, thats an arse. Was this definitely on a new install of OW?

Yep. Deleted my old RC1. Copied fresh one from DMG file from Omni. Launched it, confirm it works fine with default toolbar. Quit, applied new Tiger Theme. Relaunch, get the above screenie...

OK, looks like I might have to redo the installer again. Sorry, it might be a while!

I have this problem as well using your Safari buttons, on a clean install of OW 5.5 RC1. This occurs even when it's not selected, the border only goes to the sides, as you can see in the screenshot.

Those of you who are willing to do a bit of hacking:

Open up OmniWeb.app ("Show Package Contents" in Finder) and open the Contents->Resources->English.lproj->BrowserWindow.toolbar file in a text editor (or the Contents->Resources->de.lproj->BrowserWindow.toolbar for German, etc.).

Find the SearchField entry and change the second number of the minSize and maxSize from 21.0 to 23.0.

Before:
Code:
        SearchField = {
            paletteLabel = "Search Field";
            label = "Search";
            nullMenu = "(Search)";
            minSize = ( 80, 21.0 );
            maxSize = ( 180, 21.0 );
        };
After:
Code:
        SearchField = {