The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wither the script menu? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The script menu seems to be gone. Do I simply need to move the Scripts folder to somewhere else in my Library?

Same thing here in sp6 and now sp7.

The correct location for Application scripts in Tiger is in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/

For OmniWeb that will be ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniWeb/

Then you need to activate the menubar Script icon using AppleScript Utility. When you are in OmniWeb, the scripts will be available.

HTH

Okay - that makes sense. But why no automatic migration from the old location ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/Scripts/ ? Why isn't there even a message saying "your script menu's missing - to get it back, move the scripts here"?

I feel I should also say that making a new tab in SP7 (at least) is broken via AppleScript. Omni presumably knows about it and is working on it, but in case they didn't, now they know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
The correct location for Application scripts in Tiger is in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/
For OmniWeb that will be ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniWeb/
Then you need to activate the menubar Script icon using AppleScript Utility. When you are in OmniWeb, the scripts will be available.

HTH
Doesn't this enable the general applescript menu, rather than the Script menu that was a part of Omniweb??

Yes it does, but it lists Application specific scripts when you are using that Application. As far as I know, none of the Omni apps have ever had application specific Script menus under Tiger:

Last edited by JKT; 2006-04-27 at 01:38 PM..

I just had Omni's own Script menu (and not the general one, which I know exists but don't currently use) with 5.1.3. I literally quit it, copied over 5.5 and started, and was surprised to see it gone.

Last edited by wootest; 2006-04-27 at 01:41 PM..

Yeah, it used to sit to the right of 'Help' in the menubar. I hope its not gone for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
Yeah, it used to sit to the right of 'Help' in the menubar. I hope its not gone for good.
In general, when apple provides a standard way to do something, we prefer not to duplicate the functionality ourselves.

I do agree that migration could be improved--we will have to consider working on that.

Also, in OmniOutliner, there is a way to attach scripts as toolbar items, would that be helpful? (no promises, just looking for feedback :) )