The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb doesn't recognize the protocol “feed” Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I clicked the "StockIicons.com RSS Feed" link on the StockIcons : Collections page, OmniWeb 5.9.2 reported ...
Cannot Load Address

OmniWeb doesn't recognize the protocol “feed”, and can't find a plug-in or other application which does.

feed://stockicons.com/rss/full.xml
Changing "feed" to "http" in the location URL was all OmniWeb needed to recognize this feed.

Can I configure OmniWeb to do this automatically?

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-03-29 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: fix typo

Ward,

I just tried it with your supplied RSS feed and another URL, feed://www.engadget.com/rss.xml , and they worked - kind of.

"Kind of" because it asks me to add this feed to OmniWeb although I set NetNewsWire as the default feed reader. Safari does what I would have expected: it open NetNewsWire and wants to add the feed to it.

What would be expected behavior?

I use the latest sneekypeek, 110843. I assume you use the same, yes?

/edit-add: strangley if I click the link on the website you provided, it works perfect. Opening NetNewsWire and stuff.

Copy-paste the URL (feed://stockicons.com/rss/full.xml) into OmniWebs addressbar asks to add it to OmniWeb.

o/
Thomas

Last edited by supertom; 2009-03-29 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: additional observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom
I use the latest sneekypeek, 110843. I assume you use the same, yes?
At the time of my report, OmniWeb had not yet prompted me to update from 109981. I did a manual update, and I'm seeing exactly the same behavior as earlier.

In my case, OmniWeb is my default Feed Reader.

-- Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
At the time of my report, OmniWeb had not yet prompted me to update from 109981. I did a manual update, and I'm seeing exactly the same behavior as earlier.

In my case, OmniWeb is my default Feed Reader.

-- Ward
Setting OmniWeb as my default News Reader I could reproduce your discovered behavior. I'd call that a bug.
Because : You click the link and it fails with the error shown in your first post. But the feed URI is placed in the address bar and if you now hit Enter, it works.

o/
Thomas