The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcut for normal text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm constantly copying text from other places and copying them into OO 3.6.2. outlines. And often, the text brings with it some format - font or size - that I don't want. I know I can paste with current style (shift-alt-command-V), but for those frequent instances when I forget to do this, what's the easiest way for me to convert that text to my "normal" style for that outline (it's usually Arial Normal 12)?

I remember in my old MS Word days, I could set a "normal" font for a template, and use Control-N to convert any highlighted text to it. Is there some equivalent of that in OO? Or do I need to go into the Inspector and manually select Arial and 12?

If you show the Style inspector, you can remove the attributes for the pasted text that aren't the defaults (those in the Selected Row area of the inspector) :

I don't know if there is a simpler way to do this.

Pretty good. That's certainly easier than what I've been doing (going into the inspector and selecting Arial and normal and 12) ... but I'd love to find a keyboard shortcut (or something that simple) to do the same.

But thanks for this.

Have you tried using the clear style command on it (control-command-delete)? That should work in most situations.

Hi Derek:

Thanks - by the way, I think you meant shift-command-delete, which works when I select it from the Format menu, but not when I use it as a keyboard shortcut. The problem is my Logitech S530 Mac keyboard, whose Delete key is not the same as the Mac's "Del" key with the little "x" in it.

Is there some way I can "re-program" this OO shortcut to some other key combination?

No, it's control, not shift, by default anyways. ^ == control key. And try backspace instead, control-command-backspace.

That did it. And I'll never doubt you again.

Thanks.

/rb