The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I found a great trick !!!! link from mail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just to share with you what i discovered. Sorry if you already know the trick !!!!

Suppose you want to follow an email for example something you are waiting for. Just drag the email directly from "mail" into the text window under the task. A link is created and then if you have t use it just click and magic you mail is open !!!!! Congratulation to the omnifocus team this is absolutly great !!!!! :)))
I am so happy !!!

Great tip. Works like a charm with Apple Mail. However, it does not seem to work with Entourage. Instead of the link, it copies the complete email into the notes section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Just to share with you what i discovered. Sorry if you already know the trick !!!!

Suppose you want to follow an email for example something you are waiting for. Just drag the email directly from "mail" into the text window under the task. A link is created and then if you have t use it just click and magic you mail is open !!!!! Congratulation to the omnifocus team this is absolutly great !!!!! :)))
I am so happy !!!
I have to say I am not getting this to work. Perhaps I am misunderstanding; how exactly are you dragging the message directly from Mail and where are you dropping it? I've tried every combination of methods/places I could think of, no go.

Mac OS X 10.4.10
OF build 96523

--Kevin

This is a Leopard-only feature.

Curt

Thanks for the clarification! I'll be upgrading to Leopard soon, still waiting on a few essential applications to become Leopard-compatible so I can make the switch, can't do it until then.

--Kevin