The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open new window or not - where has it gone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some time ago there was an extremely clever hidden preference that made it possible that links that were set to simply open in new windows were opened in new tabs, but windows that were opened with a defined size (or sth similar, I can't remember what the condition actually was) were opened in new windows, thus making small dialog-box-style windows possible.

This was perfect, but it stopped working some time ago (actually, quite a lot of time ago, might be half a year).

Is this still possible? Am I missing something? If it is stll possible, please tell me how, if not, please bring it back! ;-)

Best regards,

Christian

Check out the "Tabs & Windows" preferences in the preferences panel. There you have options for Links from other applications as well as Links to other sites and links that create new windows (target="_blank" stuff and JavaScript pop-ups).

Last edited by arglborps; 2008-04-22 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: typo

An improved icon set would be great. I wince every time I open 5.7. They look like they were designed in a real hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglborps View Post
Check out the "Tabs & Windows" preferences in the preferences panel. There you have options for Links from other applications as well as Links to other sites and links that create new windows (target="_blank" stuff and JavaScript pop-ups).
Well, the great thing about that hidden preference was that target=_blank could be opened in a new tab, whereas JavaScript pop-ups opened in new windows—which is exactly what I wanted and still want: Open stuff that is whole web page just like any other in a new tab, put small dialogs that look ugly in a new tab (as they are designed fo a small windows) and maybe are just some kind of confirmation dialog that is not very practical at the end of the tabs list in a new window.

Best regards,

Christian