The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tracking Resources Used Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way of showing resources used on a daily, weekly or monthly basis? This would be used, for example, to track cash flow on a construction project. in other PM programs its usually in the form of a histogram in a task view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archeus View Post
Is there a way of showing resources used on a daily, weekly or monthly basis? This would be used, for example, to track cash flow on a construction project. in other PM programs its usually in the form of a histogram in a task view.
You could bring up the Resource Allocations graph by going to "View" --> "Show Resource Allocations" in the Resource View. It will show a green bar when your resource is being used 100% of the time, a red bar when it's being used over 100%, and a blue bar when it's being used less than 100%.

This isn't an exact/detailed way to view your resource utilization and there's no cost tracking. That's something in our feature request database that users have asked for, so I'll add your name to the list.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing this function in the next version!

I'd like to see this too - the ability to calculate run rate on a monthly basis based on resources assigned and active tasks.