The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time Tracking in OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

What about a time tracking function in OmniFocus? I'm currently using TimeLog to track my time but I'd prefer to keep everything in OF.

Imagine some kind of stop watch next to the action you are working on. At the end you have a project summary with your spent time which you can compare to your estimates.

regards

What if you were run a script when you started work on an action, and another when you completed it? The scripts could then update the duration field for the action to the actual elapsed time. Export your completed tasks to a spreadsheet, and you've got your report. Would that be of interest? Saves the double-entry of your tasks, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
What about a time tracking function in OmniFocus? I'm currently using TimeLog to track my time but I'd prefer to keep everything in OF.
As I recall, this function was deferred to v2 of OmniFocus. I would like to second the need for it though. For those of us who have to track time for billing purposes, it would be ideal to track tasks and time in the same app, rather than having to use two separate ones.

Last edited by -jr; 2008-06-24 at 05:50 AM..