The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Duplicate a Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Very clever!

Love this work around Steve, saves me some work until we (hopefully) get a copy or duplicate project function.

Thanks

Al

There's nothing like a client suddenly bringing you thirty identical-but-complicated projects to make finding a work-around appealing. :)

The best part of this solution that I can see is that it's obvious the code associated with repeat is already using a working "copy project" function of some sort, so adding a copy-project button should be relatively straightforward.

Yes, it should be fairly straightforward to implement for 1.1, sorry it didn't make the cut for 1.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Yes, it should be fairly straightforward to implement for 1.1, sorry it didn't make the cut for 1.0!
here's hoping it will come soon...
Maybe just after Omnioutliner for iPad?
:D

It would be great to see a proper 'template' status for projects, rather than setting them as on hold.

If it's a template I'd like it to be completely ignored within the rest of OF so it will never appear in reviews etc. but still be available in my templates folder so I can duplicate it as a new project. Of course, it would then be great to have a single 'make new project from this template' button too.

Yes I know this is all easy enough to do with on-hold projects and simply copy/paste them, or on the desktop there's Curt's script which does this too but it does seem to be something which I do a lot so I'd imagine others probably do too.

Obviously this would apply to the desktop app too, not just the iPad.

Oh, and you know what we need on the forums too...?

A special "yes I've already mailed it in to the support ninjas as a suggestion" icon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I just updated to 1.1, but the copy button still seems missing...
Please someone tell me I'm wrong, I so need project duplication!

Is this working yet because in the latest version you still don't seem to be able to do it.

Apologies! Checking the development database, it looks like there's been other stuff at the top of the to-do list. (Items generally get prioritized in favor of the stuff that folks are requesting most frequently.)

If you email the support ninjas and let them know you need this, it'll help this move up the list, though.