The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Review" Perspective + Folders....give me your perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone.

I am doing my review perspective grouped by "next review"

Sometimes, during the review, I may want to move one project from one folder to another, depending on the status of this project.

Or sometimes I may want to know which folder the project I am reviewing belong to and and I have not found an easy way to accomplish this while doing the review without having to go to my long hierarchy of folders.

Do you have an easy way to do this?

It would be nice if OF would offer you a drop down for folders the same way it does for contexts and projects.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edward

Edward, I believe we have a feature request open on making the "Show Full Hierarchy" preference apply to project name cells in context view.

If that would help your workflow in this case, you can email the support ninjas and ask to have yourself attached to that request...

Short term, one workaround would be to select the project row in the outline row, then toggle the Grouping filter to "by folder". The project row will stay visible in the window, grouped under the folder it's in. Once you see that, you can switch the filter back to "Group by Next Review" to put things back the way they were originally... Does that help at all?

Thanks Brian!

As a temporary measure this is a great idea. The problem is that in some folders and I have many projects which requires a lot of scrolling, but I will use your idea as the alternative.

Having a dropdown field for projects in the the row (same as context for example) would be excellent for this purpose.

I will write the support ninjas.

Thanks again,

Edward