The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solution for long project and action notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I started with iPhone OF but pretty much abandoned it altogether after about a month last year. The new iPad app is phenomenal, however! I'm back with OF, now full time on iPad and REALLY love it.

One thing I need is a bigger field to display my notes. Currently my workflow is to take notes in meetings on the Apple's notes app then copy paste to OF and sort it out. But sometimes my notes are very long, history of the project, assumptions, etc. So here is what I emailed from the gear menu in iPad OF app,

"Please add ability to search notes of projects and actions, not just the headlines.*

I often write a lot of notes that go with a particular project, please make the window that shows notes expandable to full screen and editable there. Look at the new interface for Twitter for iPad app. I would love to be able to pinch out a task to get all info and notes out that way. And when needed just tap on the expand arrow to make the note field a full screen option.*

This is required. I read some people use Notebooks app to keep notes for omnifocus but I think you should include more extended note fields inside the app.*

Sent from my iPad"

Great ideas!

If you want your requests to make it into the development database, tap the gear menu in OF iPad and choose Contact Omni. Posts to the forum are seen by the community, and may be seen by someone at Omni, but they aren't generally entered in the development database.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Great ideas!

If you want your requests to make it into the development database, tap the gear menu in OF iPad and choose Contact Omni. Posts to the forum are seen by the community, and may be seen by someone at Omni, but they aren't generally entered in the development database.
You may want to re-read p2 of the original post Curt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
You may want to re-read p2 of the original post Curt ;)
:o Oops. Should have procrastinated with a nap instead of forum reading.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
:o Oops. Should have procrastinated with a nap instead of forum reading.
Why limit yourself to just one? Forum and a nap, that's the ticket! And then you can read the forum again after the nap :)