The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

thought processes behind keyboard shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not strictly speaking OF but I'd find it useful in an OF context as it's the only app I'm currently trying to get to grips with from the ground up. Basically I'm finding it really difficult to remember all the keyboard shortcuts and I suddenly wondered what makes the programmers decide that option+command+R (for example) is the way to go for switching between an action's view from context to project and back? Then I wondered whether I'd be more likely to remember the shortcut if I knew what their thought-process in relation to a shortcut might have been? Would such information actually help me remember? I wonder. No doubt you guys have more than enough on your plate but I'd love to hear whether there is in fact a thought process in play and if so, do you have a couple of examples?

thanks very much

I remember it as "Return to context/project" or "Reveal context/project". Might also be "Related context/project".