The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selecting All Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In planning mode, I can select "Library" and all of my projects, buckets, and actions show up in the outline. Is there a similar way to do that in Context mode?

I know I can "select all" using Cmd-A or the menu. I just set up an "All" context and nested all of the other contexts inside it, but that seems inelegant, kind of overkill. Is there another way that I am overlooking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
In planning mode, I can select "Library" and all of my projects, buckets, and actions show up in the outline. Is there a similar way to do that in Context mode?

I know I can "select all" using Cmd-A or the menu. I just set up an "All" context and nested all of the other contexts inside it, but that seems inelegant, kind of overkill. Is there another way that I am overlooking?
What I have done is to create a parent context (called contexts--I know it's not imaginative, but it works) and put all my contexts under the parent. Now I just need to click the parent context to see all actions assigned to every context, and I can filter them as I would like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Is there another way that I am overlooking?
Yup! Clicking in the blank space below your bottom context will show all of those contexts in the right pane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
What I have done is to create a parent context ... and put all my contexts under the parent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Yup! Clicking in the blank space below your bottom context will show all of those contexts in the right pane.
Those both work great. Thank you.

What if you have so many contexts that there is no room at the bottom of the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli View Post
What if you have so many contexts that there is no room at the bottom of the list?
I guess then you buy a bigger monitor! ;-)

Or download the latest build that includes a top level Contexts folder.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Or download the latest build that includes a top level Contexts folder.
How great is that! Thanks OmniGurus.

Or cmd-shift-A to deselect all (which then shows all actions for all contexts)