The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal (Mail Acct) Calendars Not Seen, Other iCal Bugs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedMac View Post
I did a rebuild of my database, and things like iCal Syncing and what not started working and things are much snappier as well. (I didn't test for all known issues w/ iCal, but at least it doesn't take 10 minutes to load iCal Sync Preferences pane in OF.
Does syncing of OF with a mail calendar on an IMAP account really work for you?

As far as i unterstood Omnis sticky iCal post in this forum OF is unable to sync with non-local calendars and ical displays the mail calendar in a separate group. OF does not display my .Mac Mail calendar in the sync config dialogue. :-(

I'd be happy to hear about anyone who is able to do this syncing!
Cheers
Silvan

So, I see that others are having the same issue as me. I can't configure an OF context to sync to an non-local / IMAP calendar. I have an IMAP account for work and an .Mac account. I love the leopard mail feature that allows me to create to-do tasks from an email and have access to those tasks in iCal. I hate the idea that I can't sync those tasks with OF as with other iCal calendars.

I'm hoping somebody could weigh in on if that is suppose to be a supported feature or if OnmiGroup plans on supporting it in the future.

Unfortunately, 10.5's IMAP calendars are invisible to any software which uses SyncServices, i.e. any software which was written to synchronize with 10.4's calendars.

There's a new 10.5-specific CalendarStore API which we can use to get at those calendars, but it takes a completely different approach: it just tells you what's in the calendar now, it doesn't tell you anything about which items have changed since last time you looked. So there's a whole bunch of 10.5-specific code that would need to be written to support IMAP calendars.

We are looking at adding support for the 10.5-only CalendarStore at some point, but for 1.1 our focus has been on adding synchronization support so you can share all your information between computers—not just task names and dates and plain text notes, but also project structure, contexts, rich text notes with attachments, etc. And we've also been writing a native, synchronizing version of OmniFocus for iPhone and iPod Touch so you can take all that information with you and access or change it or add to it wherever you are.