The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating a Task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Recurring tasks as well please - I often set weekly project management meetings up and this would make a lot of sense. There is a workaround (a combination of connected and grouped tasks) but I'm sure an Omni solution would be a lot more elegant.

would prefer recurring tasks be individual and not all on one line .

recurring tasks on one line please. We frequently need to show involvement in many different types of project related recurring meetings.

For instance, a current project spanning almost 4 years involves more than 200 meetings of 25 different varieties. Dedicating 25 lines to these types of meetings makes sense (as different personnel & frequencies relate to each), but I wouldn't want to have to dedicate 200 lines to these meetings.

Thanks Omni

Please add my vote. Thanks.

Please count me in and also for reoccurring tasks on separate lines as they are usually very different things.

My vote too. We need recurring tasks on a single line please!

And add one more for me as well.

Some suggestions: Daily (including check box for weekdays only or "every __ days"), Weekly (including choice of "every __ weeks"), Monthly (including choice of "every __ months")

Archeus wrote: Please count me in and also for reoccurring tasks on separate lines as they are usually very different things.
Andrewhugill wrote: My vote too. We need recurring tasks on a single line please!

I don't understand what is meant by "on a single vs separate lines"? I would imagine that if I entered " take out trash" scheduled weekly on Thursday that there would be one entry for next Thursday for that action. Once that date passed, a new task item would be generated automatically dated for the following Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
We're considering this for OmniPlan 2.0, but OmniPlan 2.0 isn't coming any time soon (lots of work to be done). We'll have a better idea of when OmniPlan 2.0 is ready later on as work continues.
That was written almost 6 months ago. 1.5 has now debuted. Is there any projection as to when a 2.0 beta will be released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
We're considering this for OmniPlan 2.0, but OmniPlan 2.0 isn't coming any time soon (lots of work to be done). We'll have a better idea of when OmniPlan 2.0 is ready later on as work continues.
Now I am really confused. I just came upon several postings discussing difficulty folk were having with syncing recurring tasks to/from their iPhone. That presupposes that they have recurring tasks in OF to begin with. What's up with that??

For example, this post dated 12-2-08:
Recurring items are synced up to my iPhone without any issues, However, if I complete them from my iPhone the times get messed up.

For instance I have a daily recurring task with a start time of 08:00 and due time of 22:00. Marking this task complete on my Mac generates a new task the following day starting at 08:00 and due at 22:00. This is as expected and good Syncing up to the iPhone at any step in the process perfectly reflects what is going on on my Mac.

However, when I complete the same daily recurring task from my iPhone a new task is created with a start date of 10:00 for todays date and a due date of 00:00 for tomorrow. Syncing this back to my Mac gives me the new task altogether with the original recurring item untouched.