The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting to an OPML app then PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you! Very interesting, adding DropBox included some apps (including DropBox, GoodReader, and PDF Expert but not all of apps displayed by Mail. One that was conspicuously missing, unfortunately, was PDF Converter. One step forward, however!

I just realized (in a DUH) moment why it adds some but not all applications...it's because it sends the HTML file in a ZIP file. Is that a step that's actually necessary?

It will only be zipped when necessary which I believe is mainly when there's attachments. Basically it gets zipped anytime it results in multiple files or a file package. This is done because a number of apps will not accept a folder of files.

Every single one of mine gets zipped when being sent to an application whereas none of them have attachments (that I know about--I've never added an attachment to any outlines). The only file in the ZIP file is the HTML file (as verified by GoodReader and Dropbox). When I send the same file via email as a dynamic HTML file (as opposed to sending to an app) it does not get zipped...it goes as a HTML extension.

Edit: Just tested "send to app" with a brand new, unedited, blank document. Sending a Dynamic HTML and Simple HTML document was sent as a ZIP file.

Last edited by Animgif; 2012-11-08 at 02:15 PM..

Ah, ok. I did not actually check using the send to app option, sorry :) I'll file on bug on this.

Thanks, Derek. This will be unbelievably helpful to me once it's resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Ah, ok. I did not actually check using the send to app option, sorry :) I'll file on bug on this.
Derek, I would be interested to hear if this is something that is ever going to get fixed. I note that it still hasn't been updated in version 1 and version 2 exhibits the same behavior (zipping HTML and dynamic HTML files even when there are no other associated resources).

Thanks, Chase

Ah, well we're not purposely not fixing :) It just hasn't been reported by anyone else so unfortunately has been getting pushed off. I gave it another bump.

Thanks, Derek. I really appreciate it. I promise not to take it as a personal slight. :D