The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing from Ical problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using Toodledo for keeping track of a to do shot list for photography.

I was able to transfer the actions from Toodledo to Ical, but when I transferred from Ical to Omni Focus using the synch function, I could not get them transferred to the correct project.

I also tried changing the project of all the actions in the inbox, but they still wont show up under the correct project name.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there an easier way to import tasks from Ical to Omni rather than using the synch function?

Sorry for the confusion here!

When you say they "Won't go into their projects", do you mean that they end up in the Inbox after you synch? What happens if you hit "Clean Up" (Command-K)? Are the items successfully filed?

If not, when you open up the "Data" pane of OmniFocus' preferences, does the "Clean up should process items which have" setting match the actions you're having trouble with?

Thanks, I will give that a try.