The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I *quickly* re-file a task to another project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi! I just switched back to OmniFocus from quite some time in The Hit List.

What I would like to know is what is the quickest way to move a task from one project to another. E.g. I have a task I put into a project, but when reviewing, I find that I want to move it to my someday/maybe-project. Can I do this using the keyboard? Or do I have to drag and drop? My project list is longer than one screen, so moving it with my mouse is something I would like to avoid.

One of the functions I used the most in THL was the "file" quick-key. What this does is that I type "f" when a task is selected, then a text field pops up where I can start to type the name of a list (project). Pressing enter moves the task to that list.