The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Problem With GTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I attended David Allen's GTD|Roadmap seminar in Atlanta and have joined the GTD|Connect online community and I can tell you that David Allen will not give you a definite way of using GTD with a tool. You can find many examples of people using paper or technology online and everyone has different needs. He wants you to find the way you are comfortable with and that will help you implement GTD in your life.

I do remember him saying that he didn't like one software product over another because none of them implemented GTD like he would like.

Go to some other GTD sites like www.43folders.com and www.davidallenco.com and see how others are implementing their system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post

I had help in another forum from a member named RATZ in the Life Balance Forums. (Bless you RATZ, wherever you are). Without him, I never would have clued in how to use Life Balance with GTD. And now OF with GTD.
:grin:

Oh I'm here; and your welcome.... OF has reached the point that I'm moving everything over and kicking the tires. :)

Suweet! Welcome Ratz. It's a brave new world.

(OT: I feel kinda bad for Catherine over at Llamagraphics every time I get one of her emails, but despite missing a few things from that program, I highly doubt I'll go back.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprugman View Post
(OT: I feel kinda bad for Catherine over at Llamagraphics every time I get one of her emails, but despite missing a few things from that program, I highly doubt I'll go back.)
Me too. It has most of the features I want in a task management application, and it works well with GTD principles, but the interface kept hindering me from using it to its full potential.

Spiral Ocean

Having trouble for some reason accessing the pdf of the workflow here. Do you happen to have it posted anywhere else that I can download it at?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniot View Post
Spiral Ocean

Having trouble for some reason accessing the pdf of the workflow here. Do you happen to have it posted anywhere else that I can download it at?

Thanks
Spiral Ocean

Why don't you post your workflow PDF on the "Unofficial OmniFocus Documentation Wiki" Scot set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Spiral Ocean

Why don't you post your workflow PDF on the "Unofficial OmniFocus Documentation Wiki" Scot set up.
A grand idea. Thank you for putting the Wiki up!

Quote:
A grand idea. Thank you for putting the Wiki up!
The wiki doesn't allow .pdf file types?

Is that something you can change?

Quote:
The wiki doesn't allow .pdf file types?

Is that something you can change?
I don't know, but Scot would.

Edit: I changed your pdf to a png and added it to the wiki. I hope other people will add things as well. This really could be a great resource.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-09-01 at 08:03 AM..