The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tip from Ken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Today i red in Twitter about this tip:
Type a few letters to quickly select from a list (e.g. I use "ofip" to quickly select my "Omnifocus for iPad" Project.

My question to this: Is it also possible in iPad to use such short enties? When yes, how can i do this?

Greetings, Hermann

Yes, the iOS applications do that as well when you are entering a project or context. As you type characters the list is updated to contain only the projects/contexts which still match. When you see the one you want, tap it.

Thanks for your reply.

I select in the left navigation projects, then on i see on the right side all projects. Now i go to the search field an put in a few letters of a projectname. Then i see all matching entries. So far so good.

But how can i set the focus on the founded project, so i can see all insided tasks?

Greetings, Hermann

The part Ken is talking about is when you edit the context or project in the editor, not the general search facility (the magnifying glass).

If you have found your project with the general search facility, and want to focus on it, tap and hold on the project in the list. You'll get a popup menu, with the choices Cut, Copy, and Focus (at least in the English version). Tap on Focus and you'll get a display showing just that project, just as if you had selected it from the sidebar.

Thanks a lot, that's great. It works also in german version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermann View Post
Thanks a lot, that's great. It works also in german version.
It should always work, regardless of the language, but I don't know which languages they've done localization for, so I wasn't sure if your labels would be Cut/Copy/Focus or something else. I didn't mean to suggest that the feature only works in the the English version of the application!