The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail clipping: no attachments in Lion [A: caused by change to Mail.app in 10.7] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
+1 -- under Lion, email attachments are NOT going into actions! This is a big deal for me. Surely this is an easy one for the Omnigroup to test and provide a fix?

I'm not able to get the Clip-o-tron to copy anything over to Mail.

Quote:
Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x88e710 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_with_Ma ilTags NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get project of message id 537379 of mailbox \"INBOX\" of account \"FullCity\".";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: Can\U2019t get project of message id 537379 of mailbox \"INBOX\" of account \"FullCity\".";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1728;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {3139, 7};
}

Quote:
I'm not able to get the Clip-o-tron to copy anything over to Mail.
You'll need to uncheck the Mail with MailTags option in the OmniFocus clipping preference. The internal OmniFocus script plugin, or MailTags, or both, are not working together in Lion.

My understanding is that the early preview builds of MailTags 3 removed support for AppleScript. Since our clipping plugins depend on AppleScript, they broke.

I think I saw someone say on Twitter that the most recent MailTags 3 release restored AppleScript support. If so, installing that build should fix this.

I'm not a MailTags user, though, so please take this with a giant grain of salt until someone with actual experience with the app chimes in. :-)

The other issue we're facing is that Mail in Lion does not support the approach we were using to retrieve Mail attachments in Snow Leopard.

I found today that if I disabled the Clip-o-tron in OF it then worked in Mail and vis-versa. Still no attachments, but emails ended up in OF. Weird.

MailTags still doesn't have AppleScript support that I can see.

However, as far as I can tell, that should have nothing to do with missing attachments. I have disabled the Mail with MailTags option since it was throwing errors. The attachments still don't come over. I agree with the rest, this is a huge problem for me.

You saw Lizard's post saying that Apple removed the mechanism they had been using to get the attachments, right? Without a new version of OmniFocus, I don't think you are going to see attachments just magically start appearing...

Hi,

I don't know about Clip-O-Tron. I wanted some customization so I wrote my own Applescript to create tasks from Mail and adding attachments works fine with my script.

It's part of a larger library but if some people are interested, I might find some time to make it stand-alone and share it.

Just let me know.

Bye

LuMe96, if you haven't already, it would be awesome if you could send a copy of your script to omnifocus@omnigroup.com - just in case you've found a method that the other folks on the team hadn't seen when they were looking at this previously. Thanks for the help!