The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Siri Challenges with OF Reminders List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

When I have only one Reminders list (thus the automatic default), OmniFocus captures tasks well including date, time and context. But if I create a second Reminders list and call it OmniFocus - meaning I must use the words "Add... (insert task here)... to my OmniFocus list" - it won't capture date and time. If I say: "Add call my mother on Tuesday at 4 pm to my OmniFocus list", I just get a task that says "Call my mother on Tuesday at 4 pm" with no date or time. I can prompt Siri to add the time when she says "Shall I confirm it." But by adding those few extra words in order to direct the task to the OF list, it seems to lose the ability to discern date, time and, I assume, context. Am I missing something? I'd rather keep two Reminders lists as I don't want every Reminder to go into OF. Help? Many thanks.

It's very easy

To Siri: remind me blah blah blah

As Siri asks you confirm the reminder instead if saying yes or confirm for it to create the reminder say

"move it to my omnifocus list" and the task with date and time will be transferred to another list