The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to Sync - Error 403 "forbidden" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running the latest sneakypeak version on my Macbook Pro, and I've downloaded the app to my iPhone (original phone upgraded to 2.0). I have a .Mac account (not a .me), and an idisk.

OK, so I was able to sync my data to my iDisk location and send the settings successfully to my iPhone. When I tap the ....., I get the following error message:

Unable to perform WebDAV operation. The server returned an error 403, "forbidden"

I don't understand. I'm trying to use iDisk, not WebDAV. I've reinstalled the application on my iPhone, but it is doing the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this error, and if so, how do I fix it?

We've gotten scattered reports of this problem, but we can't reproduce it yet.

If you are still having this problem, please do the following:

Open Terminal.app (in your Utilities folder).
Paste the following command into the window:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus XMLFileManagerDebug -bool true
then hit Return.

Next, open Console.app (in the same folder) and try a sync.

You should see some debug information start to appear in the console window. Please send it to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

Then paste the command into the Terminal window again, but change "true" to "false" and hit return again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwind View Post
I don't understand. I'm trying to use iDisk, not WebDAV.
Just one clarification: syncing with iDisk is done via WebDAV, it's just that in the case of iDisk we already know some of the connection information.

-andrew