The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will iPad Version have Calendar Export? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Omni (and all)

I rely on the Calendar Export preference in omnifocus. I am currently using the iPhone version on the iPad. Will the iPad version have this feature?

(It is in the preference area called Calendar Export)

Yep, the iPad application will have the same features that the iPhone one does.

One thing to know, though, is that we would ultimately like to phase this feature out. iOS 4 adds a way to create notifications right there on the device, without requiring an external server of any sort.

Calendar export was just a way of working around that missing feature in previous versions of the OS.

Obviously, we won't try to phase the feature out until iOS 4 is available for iPads, and even then, we'll do so in a way that's sensitive to existing workflows built around the feature...

That's a shame to hear, Brian. One of the things that I miss the most about my Palm OS days was being able to see tasks that need to be done on a given day in the calendar view. I would much rather see tighter integration between OmniFocus and iCal than see it phased out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trager View Post
That's a shame to hear, Brian. One of the things that I miss the most about my Palm OS days was being able to see tasks that need to be done on a given day in the calendar view. I would much rather see tighter integration between OmniFocus and iCal than see it phased out.
I agree with this - that is why I asked the original question. I like seeing the integration with the Calendar and I thought Omni's solution was pretty slick

I agree that calendar export is a nice option. It's consistent with "pure" GTD in which all items related to a particular day may be viewed entirely on the calendar.

Guys,

I'm a new OF user, and I will use it only on the iPad, since I don't use Mac computers at work or home.

I subscribed to the Calendar Integration option on OF 1.2.2 for iPad and it's working nicely. Not all the details are there, like the Action Notes, but it definitely allows me to have the kind of expanded view I would like to have on a Calendar.

I too love this feature. Please maintain this type of functionality. Thanks!

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yep, the iPad application will have the same features that the iPhone one does.

One thing to know, though, is that we would ultimately like to phase this feature out. iOS 4 adds a way to create notifications right there on the device, without requiring an external server of any sort.

Calendar export was just a way of working around that missing feature in previous versions of the OS.

Obviously, we won't try to phase the feature out until iOS 4 is available for iPads, and even then, we'll do so in a way that's sensitive to existing workflows built around the feature...
I assume the feature is already gone (or I can't find it). I agree that a calendar export is very usefull and if it was already in, it is a shame that is has been removed.

Feature is still there. Go to Settings / Notifications / Calendar Integration