The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Viewing PDFs in Preview do not display icon in menubar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason, when OW displays a PDF and then when I click on the tool overlay (at the bottom of the screen) to display the PDF in Preview, it opens in Preview, but the window does not have an icon in the menu bar. This means that it is difficult to drag this file to somewhere else on my mac.

I actually would like a quick way to import a PDF from OW into Yojimbo and this bug(??) stymies one way of doing this.

This isn't a bug - Preview isn't showing you an icon in the window because the information hasn't been saved to disk. There's no file to represent; it's just data stored in your RAM.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoz View Post
I actually would like a quick way to import a PDF from OW into Yojimbo and this bug(??) stymies one way of doing this.
If you preview your pdfs in Preview.app anyway, you could use the Save PDF to Yojimbo command in the Print menu to send them to Yojimbo.

Yes thanks. This is what I have been doing recently, but I was hoping for a more one-click approach, like the dragging of a fav icon into the Yojimbo drop dock.
At least a workable solution.

Thanks again.