The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to edit this OF script? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to edit the below Scrip to enable focused projects in the sidebar to also be prioritizable?

Many thanks!
Josh

property pTitle : "Focus on flagged projects"

tell application "OmniFocus"
set oDoc to default document
set lstProjects to my ProjectList(oDoc)
if length of lstProjects > 0 then
set focus of front document window of oDoc to lstProjects
else
set focus of front document window of oDoc to {}
display dialog "No flagged projects found" with title pTitle
end if
end tell

on ProjectList(oParent)
using terms from application "OmniFocus"
tell oParent
-- ADJUST THE WHERE QUERIES TO MATCH
--THE TYPE OF PROJECTS YOU WANT TO LIST
set lstProjects to projects where (flagged is true) and ((status is active) or (status is on hold))
set lstFolders to folders where hidden is false
end tell
repeat with oFolder in lstFolders
set lstProjects to lstProjects & my ProjectList(oFolder)
end repeat
return lstProjects
end using terms from
end ProjectList

Hi Josh, I was probably being unclear. My apologies.

This is not something that script can do. The architecture of OmniFocus is such that if you change the order of a set of focused projects, they will be pulled out of their containing folders.

If you would like OF to work in a different way, you can signal that to Omni through Help > Send Feedback ... in the main OF menu.

(The nearest I could think of is to generate a hyperlinked text/rtf version of the list which you can reorder to your heart's content, and still have links back into the OF database).

Thanks a lot Rob,

What exactly do you mean regarding the method you placed in brackets? Would this just be a txt doc that would show me my priority of projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Hi Josh, I was probably being unclear. My apologies.

This is not something that script can do. The architecture of OmniFocus is such that if you change the order of a set of focused projects, they will be pulled out of their containing folders.

If you would like OF to work in a different way, you can signal that to Omni through Help > Send Feedback ... in the main OF menu.

(The nearest I could think of is to generate a hyperlinked text/rtf version of the list which you can reorder to your heart's content, and still have links back into the OF database).

Thanks a lot Rob,

What exactly do you mean regarding the method you placed in brackets? Would this just be a txt doc that would show me my priority of projects?

If you run the script which focuses on the flagged projects, you can go to the sidebar after the script runs, select all the flagged projects, copy them and paste them into a document (TextEdit and OmniOutliner are apps which will work). You can then reorder the rows of the document as you like to generate your prioritized list. The rows also serve as hyperlinks to OmniFocus, so when you want to work on the first project in the list, just click on it and you'll be transferred to OmniFocus, where a new window focusing on that project only will appear.

This approach is not limited to projects; anything you select in OmniFocus and copy/paste in this fashion should work. So, if you need a prioritized list of actions, you can do that as well, though you'll need to build up the list separately for actions and projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
So, if you need a prioritized list of actions, you can do that as well, though you'll need to build up the list separately for actions and projects.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Brian; 2012-05-15 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: reduce quantity of quoted material for increased readability