The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to calculate other user accounts if you are admin? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just curious, is it technically feasible to have OmniDiskSweeper calculate other user accounts if you are an admin user or can gain admin user privileges? To my mind, the greatest limitation of ODS at the moment is that you have to run it in every single user account to be able to get a complete picture of what space is being used.

You can make OmniDiskSweeper calculate other accounts if you authenticate and launch it through the Terminal. In a terminal window, type :

sudo /Applications/OmniDiskSweeper.app/Contents/MacOS/OmniDiskSweeper

and enter your admin password when asked for.

Of course, as OmniDiskSweeper is now launched as root, you should be careful with that "Delete" button...

Unfortunately, that command doesn't work for me because I do not run my account as an admin. I forget how you switch to a sudoer in Terminal to be able to use it...

To switch to an admin account, use
Code:
su <admin user>

Doh, I knew it was something simple... thanks Len.