The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

RC1: I can no longer see any windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OW was acting up and crashing repeatedly. So I decided to replace the buggy workspace with one from last night. I started up OW again and now no windows will show. A file downloads (because one of the windows downloads a file) so I know the pages in that workspace are loading, I just can't see them.

So I quit OW, replaced the workspace and relaunched. Same issue. When I bring up the workspaces window, I can see all of my windows in that workspace listed.

So then I decide to replace the entire OmniWeb 5 directory with last night's backup. I launch OW again and it has the same issue. So then I axe com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist too, same deal.

Next, I go back to B4, same deal. So I quit OW again, replace the OW5 directory, the app and the plist... relaunch OW and still have the same problem.

Very odd...

I would try:
  • quiting OmniWeb
  • deleting Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 and Library/Caches/OmniWeb
  • renaming Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 (and Library/Application Support/OmniWeb if you have one)
  • renaming Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 (and com.omnigroup.OmniWeb if you have that as well)
  • restarting OmniWeb
If everything seems ok (minus the fact that you have lost all your bookmarks, preferences, and workspaces) put each piece back one at a time until everything goes bonky.

Except for the Caches bits, I pulled out the rest of the stuff and it still had the same problem. I ended up logging out and back in and the problem went away.

How odd...

Glad you were able to resolve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
How odd...

Glad you were able to resolve it!
Yeah. Nothing else was acting up. I had logged out/in earlier in the day (first time in several weeks) just as a little preventive. A few hours later, RC1 installed, crashy crashy, only OW showing problems. Obviously something OS related but it just goes to show that things aren't always as they seem.