The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resources with different schedules and iCal export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Folks,
I put in a question to OG tech support, but I figured I'll try you all too..

Here's the problem: I have two Resources (Person 1 and Person 2). Person 1 works from 10:00AM to 2:00PM. Person 2 works from 2:05PM to 6:00PM. These schedules are reflected in the OP Calendar View. Each person has tasks assigned to them, and there are blocked times assigned to entire Project through iCal calendar subscriptions.

When I export the project to iCal, using the "Event->One per Work Period" option, I get events for Person 1 that are listed in Person 2's time slot, and events for Person 2 that are listed in Person 1's time slot.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an export bug?

Thanks,
zsteir

Update: I put this to OP support, and they came back quickly with a response. (Thank you). They suggested checking the time-zone support in iCal, but that wasn't the problem.

To those of you who are following, I think I've isolated in the following way (which I just wrote to support about):

1) If I delete all subscribed calendars, the export into ical works fine, with each resources getting its tasks assigned in iCal only during the hours in which that resource is available.

2) Once I subscribe to an off-hours calendar from iCal (setting the off-hours to affect the entire project), both resources get assigned to the FULL work day minus off-hours from the subscribed calendar, but without accounting for each resource's available times as set in their own work OP calendar. So the problem returns.

3) If I subscribe to an off-hours calendar from iCal but set the calendar to affect only a single resource (not the whole project), the problem disappears once again, and times are assigned appropriately.

This suggest that the Project setting under the subscribe to iCal option in Subscriptions setting is the culprit here. It is causing OP to ignore the individual resources calendars.

Just FYI.