The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Next Action Annoyances Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'd like to open a discussion about how to use / change the Next Actions.

One of my projects is Mac Maintenance. Some of the tasks are weekly repeaters (install updates, go through my Pending folder, etc.) I also have a few tasks for the kid's Mac, things that I should do someday but no urgency.

The issue is, after I check off my repeaters, the other tasks rise to the top, and the repeaters never become Next Actions.

I also have other Projects where I'd like to see several NA's at once. These tasks don't belong in sub-projects, and they have no dependencies.

I use my Context View as a "things I need to do today" list, and I only want to see the Next Actions. All available would show far too many tasks, but NA as currently set up doesn't show enough.

I don't know if I'm doing things wrong, or if this is a fault of the GTD/OF system. And I don't know if a solution exists.

[I sometimes envy the people who have "real jobs" ... they seem to have a much easier time setting up a GTD system. As a housewife/mom/several very part time jobs person, I have a number of *very different* things to keep track of. GTD is working better than other systems I've tried, but it still has faults.]

--Liz