The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Could someone please explain Workspaces to me? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry, I'm monopolizing the forum here as I just started using OW as my default browser. I dug up this thread because I was trying to figure out how to use workspaces effectively. I agree with the OP, a video demonstrating various uses would probably be helpful, especially since Len's description was not obvious. You guys have plenty of free time for that, right?

Mmm. No.

Ran into a list of tutorials. Dragged the URL to my desktop for later. When I finished browsing, I created a New Workspace, opened the URL on my desktop and clicked on every link in the tutorial.

Used Take Snapshot to save that as my Workspace. Then selected my default workspace for my regular browsing.

Nothing I do at home really requires the level of organization that workspaces provide, but I do have one use for them. I keep all of the web comics I read in one workspace. Every morning, I switch to that workspace and go through the comics. The pages are refreshed when I switch to the workspace, so I get the most recent ones. (As far as I can tell, there's some length of time after which a workspace will refresh when you open it. If you open it sooner, it does not. But once a day at least, it will refresh.)

That's just my little example. Also, it lets me take a snapshot of what comics pages are open so they can be easily restored.