The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Revert to Default View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Last new "expected behavior?" or "bug?" question for the day.

I expect that Revert to Default View would always give me the same thing.

I have a perspective set up that has the Toolbar hidden. I would think I could choose Revert to Default View to bring it back (along with the side bar, etc.) But it doesn't show up on Revert to Default View unless the screen I'm coming from has it showing.

Expected behavior or bug?

From the built-in Help:

Revert to Default View — If you’re not currently in a perspective, choose this to return the frontmost window to its original view settings (showing the remaining actions of active projects).

The behavior when you are in a perspective isn't described, but it appears to me that this command is intended to simply reset the view bar choices to a reasonable default, and not reconfigure the window in any other way.

Ok thanks. "view settings" is the give away. Got it.