The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe Calendars break iCal sync [See "replacing calendar sync" thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having the same issue. When I go to the iCal preferences I don't see any calendars on the left hand side to sync up my contexts with. Don't know how to get them to show up either.

Screenshot should speak for itself. Thanks for help in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-01-05_09-08-58.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1713  

Are you using MobileMe? Did you upgrade to the new MobileMe calendars?

Because OmniFocus needs a LOCAL calendar to sync to. That is, one that iCal says is "On my Mac." Create one of those in iCal and it will probably be available.

Unsure how this should work -- if OF will need to be upgraded to store stuff in CalDAV-based MobileMe calendars (probably)… this will change how things sync as server-based calendars no longer "sync" using MobileMe… they are on the server so no true sync is necessary.

I am using Mobile Me and I did upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpower View Post
I am using Mobile Me and I did upgrade.
That's the issue then. See my suggestions above about creating a local calendar.

I'm running OF 1.8.2. I'd been syncing certain contexts with a mail to do list, which is displayed in iCal, until I foolishly changed one of the tasks in iCal by moving the due date. The next sync with OF took several minutes and failed. I tried turning sync off, then on again, in OF, logging out the in, rebooting, changing calendars with whcih to sync, and finally, deleting all to dos in iCal. Nothing has allowed OF to sync again, and in fact, I now get the error message as soon as I try to access the iCal pref panel in OF.

I would be perfectly happy to simply reset the sync function and start from scratch but nothing I've done to date seems to help. Any assistance available would be mightily appreciated.

John