The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vacation days? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have OmniPlan set up and so far so good. However for my test project (a real project) some of the key people will be away on vacation next week. I have their calendars in iCal and I can get OP to see my iCal calendar. I then go to the Configure Publishing and Subscriptions menu in the project, chose the people, assign the iCal calendar to the person, select 'events are off hours'....and nothing.

I am expecting to see that OP shifts the task start and finish dates around these off hours. Is that not what it does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee View Post
I then go to the Configure Publishing and Subscriptions menu in the project, chose the people, assign the iCal calendar to the person, select 'events are off hours'....and nothing.
Hi! Just to be clear, after you set up this subscription action, did you perform an Update? This is under the Project menu, or Cmd-Ctrl-U. It doesn't happen automatically unless you check the box at the bottom of that sheet.

If you were able to Update without error, and the tasks are still on "off" days, could you double check the Calendar View, select the resource in question, and click "Extra & Off Hours" in the mini calendar? This will confirm that the events are coming in properly.

Hope this helps,

Joel R

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr View Post
Hi! Just to be clear, after you set up this subscription action, did you perform an Update? This is under the Project menu, or Cmd-Ctrl-U. It doesn't happen automatically unless you check the box at the bottom of that sheet.

If you were able to Update without error, and the tasks are still on "off" days, could you double check the Calendar View, select the resource in question, and click "Extra & Off Hours" in the mini calendar? This will confirm that the events are coming in properly.

Hope this helps,

Joel R
I get this:
-[OPLocalCalendarSubscriptionAction synchingCalendar:updateForObject:versionString:dat a:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x100caaae0

Sorry about that! I have seen that error in testing, and it most likely has to do with a repeating event in iCal. This should be fixed in the latest "sneakypeek" of OmniPlan. If you would like to give that a try, here is a link.

Last edited by Brian; 2011-08-30 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: tweaked link presentation