The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Box with only three lines - the holy grail?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Glad it worked for you. I've actually had cause to use it a couple times since then myself.

Chris, I have just found you code and instructions, works a treat.
Thanks

Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's pretty easy to make your own. Copy the text below exactly and save it to an ordinary text file called OpenBox.graffleshapes. Then put this in the folder Library:Application Support:OmniGraffle:Shapes under your home folder. (You may have to create it. Then open OG and you'll see your shape next to the regular rectangle.

Code:
{
    shapes = (
	{
	    InspectorGroup = 1.5;
	    ShapeName = "OpenBox";
	    FillPath = {
		elements = (
		    {element = MOVETO; point = "{-0.5, -0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{0.5, -0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{0.5, 0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{-0.5, 0.5}"; },
		    {element = CLOSE; }
		);
	    };
	    StrokePath = {
		elements = (
		    {element = MOVETO; point = "{-0.5, -0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{-0.5, 0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{0.5, 0.5}"; },
		    {element = LINETO; point = "{0.5, -0.5}"; }
		);
	    };
	}
    );
}
Thanks! this is exactly what I came here for.

I'm feeling left out here... I think I have this set up correctly, but I'm not finding my holy grail...

Here's my text file and the location it's saved in:

Here's what I'm seeing after restarting OG:

am I missing something?

I'd make sure that the .graffleshapes file is plain text, it looks like it's RTF in your screenshot there.

Without wishing to appear patronising, looking at your screenshot, it seems to me that you've got a normal box selected in the shapes inspector. Would the result of the code not create the shape at the bottom of the list of available shapes ... have you scrolled down to see if it is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese View Post
Without wishing to appear patronising, looking at your screenshot, it seems to me that you've got a normal box selected in the shapes inspector. Would the result of the code not create the shape at the bottom of the list of available shapes ... have you scrolled down to see if it is there?
The "InspectorGroup" line controls where it appears; the shapes appear in order, starting with shape 1. So having a 1.5 there means it should appear between shapes 1 and 2, after the square and before the circle.

I suspect, like Joel said, the problem is the way the file has been saved, as rtf, not plain text. I think that rtf is the default setting of TextEdit, and can be changed in the prefs.

My apologies. I have never tried adding a shape to the group, and didn't read the script. I merely assumed in my only semi-literate way, that as there was only one custom shape in the shapes library, it would be added in the inspector at the end of those that are built in to OG.

Mark

Chris!
Thanks for this info it works beautifully, now the real question, I want to make the same shape actually be a Tab, that is 180 degrees from what you have, where is the documentation on creating the shape you made?
I would like to find out which parameter to change to flip the shape as well as find out how to make more shapes on my own.