The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Want to hear what we're working on next? Look for @omnifocus on twitter!

Note: Before updating, we recommend that you either synchronize your data with MobileMe or a WebDAV server (even if you're not using OmniFocus for Mac), or that you have a current backup of your iPhone data in iTunes. (That way you won't lose any data if your update is accidentally interrupted!)

OmniFocus v1.5 requires iPhone OS 3.0, taking advantage of many of its new features such as Copy and Paste and integrated Maps.
  • OmniFocus now displays nearby contexts using a map. Touch a pin to see all the tasks in the corresponding context.
  • You can Cut, Copy, and Paste entire actions by holding down a checkbox in an action list. You can paste into an empty list by holding the "No Actions" text.
  • You can search through all your projects and actions using the new Search screen.
  • In Projects and Contexts screens, you can select All Actions to show a grouped list of all actions.
  • You can set up repeating actions and projects using the new Repeat screen.
  • Action lists now display each action's due date.
  • Web links in notes now open inside OmniFocus (rather than launching Safari).
  • Send Feedback now sends email inside OmniFocus (rather than launching Mail).
  • We've added experimental support for landscape mode and undo; both can be enabled under Settings.

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0-Nearby Contexts.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	940   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Search.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	941  

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-06-22 at 01:37 PM..

Oooooh!

-Dennis

This is very cool, can't wait.

The search and repeat functionality is finally there, and I will definitely like the new map feature.

The only big thing I still miss is some way to get from the action to the project. Very often I mark an action as completed and immediatly want to add a new action under the same project, but it is very cumbersome to get there through my long project list (or now via search).

Last edited by gaba; 2009-06-15 at 12:58 PM..

Ken - thanks for the update and it is good to hear what you guys are up to.
I read that the new phone will allow an app to alert you that a sporting event has concluded with score.
Is there ANY chance that sort of addition will enable OF to add task alerts?!!!
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwd3 View Post
I read that the new phone will allow an app to alert you that a sporting event has concluded with score.
Is there ANY chance that sort of addition will enable OF to add task alerts?
Brian posted on this very question a few weeks ago. You can find it here:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...67&postcount=1

-Dennis

While I understand the problems, I was hoping, and it is disappointing. Not OF's fault but still :(

As time goes on, are iPod Touch users who do not upgrade to OS 3.0 going to eventually become unable to sync? Or are you going to fork the app into two versions? Or are you going to ensure that sync always supports obsolete versions of the app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjdejulio View Post
As time goes on, are iPod Touch users who do not upgrade to OS 3.0 going to eventually become unable to sync? Or are you going to fork the app into two versions? Or are you going to ensure that sync always supports obsolete versions of the app?
I think the clearest answer we can provide here is "we're not sure". We've communicated a couple of scenarios like this to Apple; they're thinking about it, but we don't have clear guidance from how they're going to handle it.

We try to make our code as backward-compatible as is feasible, but it's hard to issue a blanket guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think the clearest answer we can provide here is "we're not sure".
To be a little more explicit: unless something changes with the way App Store updates are delivered (so that we can provide multiple downloads), we won't be able to update the version of the app which currently runs on iPhone OS 2.2.1. (We can only provide one downloadable version of our app on the App Store, unless we charge our customers all over again for a different version of the app.)

That means that the only way for our customers to stay current with the latest sync code will be to upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 so they can run the latest version of our app. We're concerned about this—but hopeful that our customer base will find enough value in the new 3.0 features (such as copy and paste) that in practice this won't be a problem this time around. (You can, of course, stick with the current versions of both the iPhone and Mac software: they'll continue to sync as they always have.)

Hopefully we'll have more options available to us by the time iPhone OS 4.0 comes around. But in the meantime, please do let us know if this affects you!

In case folks haven't seen this, if you have iPhone OS 3.0 installed, you can now download OF for iPhone 1.5 :)