The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reminders- Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-

I am new to OmniOutliner and using the standard version. I was wondering if there is any way or plans to integrate a reminder function into OmniOutliner. Ideally, I would like to be able to set a reminder and get a pop-up message or an email when I need to get something done or stop doing something on my outliner- similar to what can be done in iCal.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's what I do:

I drag a list item from Outliner into iCal and set an alarm. The way I figure it, rather than have reminders come from different apps, I use iCal for everything.

The only thing is some extra characters are placed into the title of the item (at least in my case), that include the row number from Outliner, etc. I can live with it, it's up to you.

Steve W

Hi Steve-

Thanks for the repsonse, but the soultion you suggest isn't really what I had in mind. I have EXTENSIVE to do lists and muti-step projects outlined in OmniOutliner, so I was hoping there was a way-within Omnioutliner- to set a reminder. I was hoping that I could create another column that had a reminder function.

The idea being that when I start something that requires a stop time, I could set a reminder in OmniOutliner. Alternatively, if I had a due date or start time, I could set that as well. It would be much easier to have the reminder set from within my specific outline or ToDo list so things don't get lost in translation going back and forth between another program.

I am guessing this type of reminder function could maybe be added pretty easily to OmniOutliner in OSX 10.5, but it would be great to have it now for use in 10.3.9 or 10.4.
This, for me, would make OmnioOutliner most useful for organizing my projects at work!

Any other ideas on this topic are appreciated.